(2/25/2017, All day)
Brother Cameron Bender
Alumni & Chapter Retreat
ESA Founders' Day Reception
Dupont Circle, Washington, DC
Composite Pictures Taken
Ramon Jiminez Bldg., Room 0105
(3/9/2017, All day)
SAE's 161st Birthday
MDBE Founders' Day Luncheon
UMD Golf Course - Mulligan's Clubhouse (web) (map)
Please join us as we celebrate SAE's 161st birthday. Phi Alpha!
(4/18/2017, All day)
Brother Chris Dillon
View our calendar
August 27, 2016
Parker Family Barbeque & Picnic on the Severn River with ESA, Steve Churchill
Welcome to our web site
Beware of the Maryland Beta SAE terrapin who is also a True Gentleman.
April 1, 2016
"Cancer Can't Handle the Mandl" - in Honor of our Courageous Brother, Mike Mandl
February 14, 2017
The Brothers of SAE Presented Valentine's Day Treats to the Sisters of UMD Sororities
In the News
- Welcome Spring 2017 New Members: Alex Anderson from Glenwood, MD; Patrick Bevan from Crofton, MD; Chris Dillon from Woodbine, MD; Nick Falcon from Annapolis, MD; Zach Goodwin from Rosedale, MD; Rory Hodgson from Silver Spring, MD; Grant Leonard from Elkton, MD; Matt Lober from Dayton, MD; Scott Macchia from Massapequa, NY; David Rochford from Cherry Hill, NJ; Jon Saewitz from Bala Cynwyd, PA; Chidi Udeze from Baltimore, MD; John Ziemski, from Potomac, MD and Ryan Ziemski, from Potomac, MD, were initiated in the UMD Garden Chapel on Saturday, February 11. Fourteen new SAE True Gentlemen added to the ranks of the Maryland Beta Chapter.
- Recruitment is truly a year round process at Maryland Beta. Maryland Beta will be recruiting again beginning on March 27, 2017, so be on the lookout. It is important that interested high school seniors and UMD students submit a Recruitment Recommendation and state their potential interest early on (click here) so they can get on the recruitment/rush list and be kept informed of recruitment events throughout the semester. Similarly, alumni and friends of chapter members should also submit a Recruitment Recommendation to the chapter (click here). For more information about Maryland Beta's recruitment, click on the RUSH button in the top menu bar above.
- Winners Announced for Best Decorated Tree and Most Toys Collected in SAE's:
M I R A C L E ~ T R E E S. Congratulations to ADP in the tree decorating competition portion. After 72,000 hits on our Facebook page and over 5,000 votes, ADP claimed best decorated M I R A C L E ~ T R E E. Congratulations also to DG for the most toy donations collected with toys and all proceeds to benefit the Children's Miracle Network (CMN). Both winners received a $200 check to forward to their favorite charity.
- "Cancer Can't Handle the Mandl": was held on April 1, 2016, from 3 - 5 PM at the Alpha Omicron Pi (AOP) chapter house. SAE is raising awareness of youth cancer and raising charitable funds since it has "hit home." 22 year old Mike Mandl, from Clarksville, MD, a former member of the chapter, was diagnosed with osteosarcoma two days before Christmas 2015. He has undergone several rounds of chemotherapy followed by an operation on March 30. This event was in honor of him and raised $3,100 in proceeds for Relay for Life (American Cancer Society) and the The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults and highlighted this seldom talked about youth disease. The College Park community came out in full support of this worthy cause. Our Creed teaches us to become a True Gentleman, and this event was a prime example of what our fraternity is all about. The chapter will reprise this event in April 2017.
- Seven Centennial Honor Roll Honorees Named as part of DFSL's celebration of 100 years of Greek life on the University of Maryland Campus. Each Greek Letter organization earned one honoree slot for every 10 years they remained active on campus. SAE is proud to boast of our seven honorees:
- Harold M. "Hal" Brierley, '65
- Harry C. "Curly" Byrd, '43 (posthumously)
- Raymond M. "Hondo" Davids, '77
- Edward M. "Ed" Downey, '52
- Christopher P. "Chris" Gaylor, '72
- John N. Lauer, '63
- Charles E. "Chaz" Seymour, '82
SAE National Fraternity Fact Sheet (click to view)
* Our Mission: "Advancing the highest standards of friendship, scholarship, leadership and service for our members throughout life."
* Our Values: "In congruence with the Mission and virtues of SAE, we hold these core values critical to advance the Strategic Plan: Trust, Integrity, Loyalty, Honor and Inclusivity".
* Our Vision: "True Gentlemen making our global community better"
* Our Creed: The True Gentleman (click to view)
For additions or corrections to this page or to the web site, please contact the MDBE Webmaster (click to e-mail)