- ACADEMIC SUCCESS: The SAE’s have good grade point averages on campus. Our chapter's roster of 50 collegiate members ended the Spring 2018 Semester with a Chapter G.P.A. of 3.09. Our Spring 2018 Semester New Member class yielding 10 new members actually beat us again in grades with a New Member G.P.A. of 3.28, ranking 8th in grades out of 26 IFC fraternities ranked on campus. Commitment to academics through study hours, an Academic Monitoring Program (AMP) and mentoring of younger brothers by older brothers within the same major or similar fields of study has obviously made a significant difference in our fraternity’s overall academic plan for success.
- EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES: We began the Spring semester in late January 2018 with 40 returning collegiate members. We completed Spring recruitment gaining 10 new members. As the last week of May rolled around, we saluted 11 seniors who graduated and became members of the Chapter Alumnus and one member who transferred. All tallied, our collegiate chapter is now 36 members strong and continues to seek out True Gentlemen. Many men are active in campus organizations and volunteerism, while others compete at a high level on intramural teams. Click here to view our involvement in extracurricular activities, service and volunteerism, both on and off campus. We are proud of our accomplishments and achievements and look forward to another 75 years of molding young men into the virtues of our creed, The True Gentleman.
- CHAPTER's ALUMNI ADVISORY BOARD: The chapter's Alumni Advisory Board (AAB) is a group of dedicated alumni volunteers who lend their time, professional background and expertise to advise the chapter in several critical areas of operation and overall management. They reinforce the Mission and Core Areas of Sigma Alpha Epsilon. Members of the AAB are nominated and elected to yearly terms by the chapter in the Spring semester of each year.
- CURRENT BOARD MEMBERS: The following alumni volunteers serve on the Maryland Beta AAB:
- Benjamin R. Carter (Maryland 2015), AAB Member, (click to email)
- Steven B. Margolies (Maryland 2012), AAB Member, (click to email)
- James I. Murdoch (Maryland 2017), AAB Member, (click to email)
- Thomas G. Seymour (Maryland 2012), AAB Member, (click to email)
- Andrew T. Sharp (Maryland 2012), AAB Member, (click to email)
- Reid P. Wiliams (Maryland 2013), AAB Member, (click to email)